Three Keys to Selling with Confidence
Either we like it or not, sales is a vital part of any business that wants to succeed. Actually without sales there is no business. Sales is a field with many ups and downs. Some days may feel overwhelming and unproductive. Other days may feel like you’re the best sales person on the planet. How you get through the bad days and celebrate the good days depends on your motivation and confidence.
Here are three keys to selling with confidence.
#1 Be enthusiastic
It’s really important to be enthusiastic and excited about:
* Your business – You have a unique opportunity to make something completely yours. You get to set the goals and achieve them on your own terms. This is something to celebrate and be thankful for. Each day presents new opportunities.
* The products you sell – Hopefully, you feel one hundred percent confident and proud to represent them. If you’re not confident about the products it will be tough to sell them.
* Your selling opportunities – Each new connection you make is a selling opportunity. It’s important to celebrate them. Maximize them with enthusiasm. Be grateful for the opportunity and share the joy.
* Your prospects and customers – Your customers and prospects are to be treasured. Each one offers the potential for income today, tomorrow and ten years down the road. Treat them with the enthusiasm, care and respect they deserve and they’ll reward you.
* Your abilities – You are in business because you trust that you have developed the skills and hold the ability to make it work. While some days may be more difficult than others, celebrate your strengths and embrace them with joy and enthusiasm.
#2 Know your products
It’s essential to know your services and products thoroughly. Know all the features of each and every one. Know the benefits of each and every service and product too. Know how you can use one product or service to upsell or cross-promote another. For example, if a customer is interested in a mixing bowl, perhaps they’re interested in some professional mixing tools too. When you know your products inside and out, you’ll be able to sell with confidence.
#3 Know your prospect
Who is your customer or potential customer and what do they want? People buy for emotional reasons. They buy because a product is going to solve a problem for them. It’s going to make them look/feel better. It’s going to make their life easier. It’s going to give them more respect, authority, and credibility and so on.
When you study your prospects you’ll be better able to position your products to them. You’ll know what benefits to stress and how to pitch them. You’ll be able to sell with confidence.
Confidence comes naturally – sometimes. Other times you have to fake it ’til you make it and other times you need to do some inner work to develop it. Find your strengths, be prepared and remember to celebrate your successes. Be grateful and enthusiastic about all you have going for you.
[features_box_paper_white width=”75%” + border=”2px”]
Konstadina Sadoriniou is an internationally renown coach, mentor, trainer, speaker and author in the field of personal and professional development with an experience spanning more than 2 decades. She is the founder of the Positive Change Academy which aims to assist conscious entrepreneurs transform their business in a way that they can attract more clients, more success and more profits; learn ways to cope with the changes; reach their full potential and evolve by walking the path of continuous progress. To receive her empowering guide “104 ways to re-claim & hold your personal power” as well as her content rich e-zine, subscribe today at www.positivechangeacademy.com